Monday, December 27, 2010

Lakers

Someone told me I was crazy for worrying about the Lakers in their slump a few weeks ago. Well, to be honest, I am still worried. Kobe and the boys can't come out and show the Heat who's boss in the biggest game on Christmas day? This is the same team that stole all of the attention from them this offseason after they won the championship. The same team the oddsmakers completely disrespected the Lakers by picking them as favorites to win it this year. I just cannot believe that they lose to the Bulls, lose to the Heat. I can see them slumping and losing a couple meaningless games during the regular season but national television games like this are basically like playoff games. I know in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. However, if you have any pride and I know Kobe does, you have to go out and win that game on Christmas. There was too much talk, Phil and Kobe both having one on one interviews on ESPN the week leading up and causing a hoopla about the game. I'd love to see Kobe win it again and make a case to go down in history either equal or on top of Jordan, but he'd better start picking it up as well as the guys around him. -Buzzy

No comments:

Post a Comment