Monday, December 27, 2010

Eagles Vs. Vikings

First of all, we had a little layoff and were not able to post on one of the greatest moments in Philadelphia sports history. The new "Meadowlands Miracle" was the greatest thing I have seen in my lifetime in terms of sporting events and I have a feeling it can stand up to past special moments as well. That game solidified Jackson and Vick's place in the future of the Eagles organization. They absolutely need to be resigned and aside from some terrible off the field situation, I don't see any roadblocks to them being here for the duration of their careers. I know Vick is interested in staying and I'm not positive about Jackson but as long as we have Vick, I don't see why he wouldn't want to. I will not lie, I completely lost faith when they were down by three touchdowns, even momentarily turning off the game (never have done this before). If there were Birds fans out there who had faith, I commend your optimism and foresight. I guess it is never really early with the firepower we have on offense this year. Vick was spectacular and made a great case for MVP this year, although Brady makes an equally appealing case, in my opinion it is really a toss up between the two. Jackson's play was simply electric and had every room of Eagles fans I have heard of up, screaming and hugging.

However, the player we cannot forget about is Maclin. Jackson continues to get the press but at times I think the Celek and Maclin are just as, if not more important than the little guy. Maclin is a touchdown machine, steadily scoring points throughout the year. He has continued to improve with his time with the Eagles and has become a favorite target for Vick. He doesn't get the press the Jackson does but deserves just as much credit. Celek as well, just coming up huge in the Chicago and New York games. I think Kolb looked for the tight end more for some reason just naturally in his progression but Vick has the confidence to put it on him in pressure situations. It is nice to see that Vick has confidence in not only his running ability but also three different receivers even if its the last play of the game. If I'm on defense against the Eagles in the redzone I don't know whether to play QB run, tight end in the middle or Maclin or Jackson on the outside. McCoy of course is also dangerous, another weapon on the list. It scares me that we played so poorly early in that New York game, but the ending forced me to believe that this team has something special. If nothing else, they have the confidence to keep their cool down three touchdowns in the fourth quarter. They also will not accept losing, I loved the onside kick call in the fourth, Reid has improved his coaching this year by adopting his team's attitude of aggressiveness and spontaneity.

This game vs. the Vikings is huge. We need to show consistency. I would love to see them come out and play a complete game without needing a miracle to get the W. If Favre plays, he still scares me and I believe he can win at any time. The next in line, Joe Webb, seems like an athlete. If we give that young guy a chance to hang around and make some plays, he could make something happen at the end of the game. We need our defensive backs to take advantage of the young guy if Favre's out. I would like to see them have some momentum and confidence heading into the playoffs. I did not pay particular attention to how Bradley's backup played against New York, any thoughts? When is he returning??

Eagles 27 - Vikings 10

-Buzzy

2 comments:

  1. Jamar Chaney(Bradleys backup) led the team with 16 tackles. good first start by him as well as fellow rookie kurt coleman. Antonio Dixon is playing awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He played well in the first half...can't get much better coverage from a MLB than he gave up the shoot.

    ReplyDelete